Hi From A New Member

(ovvero: Newcomers, presentatevi e vi daremo il Penvenuto)

Moderatori: RST'72, Haran Banjo

D-Rider
Moto posseduta: Aprilia: RST Futura & SL Falco

Re: Hi From A New Member

Messaggio da D-Rider » 29/5/2018, 13:53

It still has the heart of a Falco ..... just a few "upgrades"

Greywolf
Docente Emerito in Tetrapiloctomia
Moto posseduta: Fazermilf, Stromzilla etc

Messaggio da Greywolf » 29/5/2018, 15:20

a few :asd:

Still dreaming about carbon wheels (more expensive than the entire bike) :-31
In data 29/06/2012, Lupin ha scritto: "Mi tira il culo dirlo ma devo dare ragione al Grey! "

:coz: :lupino: :-banana :coz: :lupino: :-banana :coz: :lupino: :-banana

D-Rider

Messaggio da D-Rider » 29/5/2018, 20:37

I waited a very long time watching ebay for a good set of BST wheels at a price I could afford. Money in the bank was making nothing and I know I can sell the wheels for at least what I paid for them .... so thought I might as well enjoy them.
:sole: :-28 :sole:

Greywolf
Docente Emerito in Tetrapiloctomia
Moto posseduta: Fazermilf, Stromzilla etc

Messaggio da Greywolf » 30/5/2018, 07:22

You have to!

Great deal
In data 29/06/2012, Lupin ha scritto: "Mi tira il culo dirlo ma devo dare ragione al Grey! "

:coz: :lupino: :-banana :coz: :lupino: :-banana :coz: :lupino: :-banana

lupin3
Mamma mia... ormai ci sono di casa qui !
Moto posseduta: Ape cross

Messaggio da lupin3 » 30/5/2018, 10:48

D-Rider ha scritto:
29/5/2018, 20:37
I waited a very long time watching ebay for a good set of BST wheels at a price I could afford. Money in the bank was making nothing and I know I can sell the wheels for at least what I paid for them .... so thought I might as well enjoy them.
:sole: :-28 :sole:
We all know how much is wonderful driving the Futura as well as all the pros and cons about it.
I'm really curious to hear you impressions about the Falco.
GRAPPA UBER HALLES

chirone74
Cricchetto
Moto posseduta: HONDA ST 1300

Messaggio da chirone74 » 1/6/2018, 07:41

Hi guy
Welcome in this mad place...
Congratulations for your Falco!!!
Falco is teh secret dream of every fuckin' futura owners... I know...
So.. you'll never forget our battle hymn... W LA FIGA!!! Always and eveywhere
VESPA PK 50 XL (Tuono Rosso)- CAGIVA MITO 125 (Ilmito)- SUZUKI GSX 750 R (Il bau)- YAMAHA FZS FAZER 600 (Silvana) - APRILIA RST 1000 FUTURA (Futi)- BMW K 1200 R (biemmi) - YAMAHA FJR 1300 (Jerry) - MG V11 LE MANS - Transalp 600 - HONDA ST 1300 PAN EUROPEAN

D-Rider

Messaggio da D-Rider » 14/6/2018, 13:42

Hi again - thanks for even more welcomes and sorry for my delay in replying.
I have been on holiday in Portugal (unfortunately not with my motorcycles) and also I am having big problems with my laptop ... if I can't fix it, I may have to replace it.
Firstly, I was very surprised to find Portugal colder and more rainy than the UK ..... but now we are home, I think the weather in Portugal has improved!

Lupin3 - you ask how the Falco compares. To be honest, it is difficult for me to give a true comparison. My Futura is almost standard condition but does need some maintenance and improvement. My Falco has a lot of changes and improvements - so the comparisons are not really fair.

The Futura is very comfortable and the riding position does not hurt my neck. As I have got older, this has become a problem with my Falco.
The Falco has noticeably more power and the handling is better - but I am comparing a non-standard Falco with Ohlins suspension and lightweight wheels with a standard Futura. If I change the Futura shock and forks, I think the gap will be less. The original Falco shock was terrible.
The Falco has a better and smoother power delivery ..... but that was not always the case. It was originally much worse than the Futura. I fitted one of Gabro's chips and it transformed the bike.
The Futura clutch is heavy ..... but so was the Falco clutch before I changed master and slave cylinders and the hoses.
As standard, I think they are the same.

One true area the Falco wins is storage space. Of course, when you fit the Futura panniers etc, it has much more luggage space but for day to day storage, the space under the Falco's rear seat and inside the seat hump is huge ..... the Futura has none.

So yes, I like both bikes and although very similar, they are different and meet their intended uses well.

Gig81
Site Admin - GranCapGalatticoMegaFarabut
Moto posseduta: Ducati Multistrada 1000DS
Contatta:

Messaggio da Gig81 » 14/6/2018, 15:20

the biggest problem for the riding position of the falco for me was there is no space for my tummy...
Immagine
Pensa al Gig, quanta pazienza ce vo', eppura ha trovato una moto che non è un taxi, un forum che lo ama, e persino una Gigga per quando la connessione è down... Se non è un Dio buono e giusto, quello...
Greywolf

D-Rider

Messaggio da D-Rider » 15/6/2018, 08:51

Gig81 ha scritto:
14/6/2018, 15:20
the biggest problem for the riding position of the falco for me was there is no space for my tummy...
:-2 :-2 :-2 :-2 :-2 :-2

lupin3

Messaggio da lupin3 » 25/6/2018, 10:56

D-Rider ha scritto:
14/6/2018, 13:42
Hi again - thanks for even more welcomes and sorry for my delay in replying.
I have been on holiday in Portugal (unfortunately not with my motorcycles) and also I am having big problems with my laptop ... if I can't fix it, I may have to replace it.
Firstly, I was very surprised to find Portugal colder and more rainy than the UK ..... but now we are home, I think the weather in Portugal has improved!

Lupin3 - you ask how the Falco compares. To be honest, it is difficult for me to give a true comparison. My Futura is almost standard condition but does need some maintenance and improvement. My Falco has a lot of changes and improvements - so the comparisons are not really fair.

The Futura is very comfortable and the riding position does not hurt my neck. As I have got older, this has become a problem with my Falco.
The Falco has noticeably more power and the handling is better - but I am comparing a non-standard Falco with Ohlins suspension and lightweight wheels with a standard Futura. If I change the Futura shock and forks, I think the gap will be less. The original Falco shock was terrible.
The Falco has a better and smoother power delivery ..... but that was not always the case. It was originally much worse than the Futura. I fitted one of Gabro's chips and it transformed the bike.
The Futura clutch is heavy ..... but so was the Falco clutch before I changed master and slave cylinders and the hoses.
As standard, I think they are the same.

One true area the Falco wins is storage space. Of course, when you fit the Futura panniers etc, it has much more luggage space but for day to day storage, the space under the Falco's rear seat and inside the seat hump is huge ..... the Futura has none.

So yes, I like both bikes and although very similar, they are different and meet their intended uses well.
Very good report, which confirm to me i did the right choice indeed. :wink:
GRAPPA UBER HALLES

lupin3

Messaggio da lupin3 » 25/6/2018, 11:00

Gig81 ha scritto:
14/6/2018, 15:20
I dare any bikes which fits your tummy! :biggrin:
GRAPPA UBER HALLES

Gig81
Contatta:

Messaggio da Gig81 » 25/6/2018, 14:05

Perfect fit!

Immagine
Immagine
Pensa al Gig, quanta pazienza ce vo', eppura ha trovato una moto che non è un taxi, un forum che lo ama, e persino una Gigga per quando la connessione è down... Se non è un Dio buono e giusto, quello...
Greywolf

WarnerLax

Hi From A New Member

Messaggio da WarnerLax » 24/12/2018, 10:18

Hi, everyone, Im a new member from West Virginia. I think I have already seen a few familiar names... Im les.b on the Smith and Wesson and Colt forums. Glad to join you folks...even though I only have one Remington rifle and one Remington shotgun right now.

Gig81
Contatta:

Messaggio da Gig81 » 24/12/2018, 16:31

mmmm
Immagine
Greywolf

Morasam
sei&50
Moto posseduta: Futura red flame

Messaggio da Morasam » 24/12/2018, 16:53

....è un pistola :-2 :-2 :-2

Rispondi